Friday, July 1, 2016

You can't have too much convention!

So, today was our first day of Swedish convention. We didn't get enough of it at the English one in June, and then we have our Russian one in August. We better know it all by the time this summer is done with!
As always, there was a ton of people there I hadn't seen in a long time, and also kids that grew up and had kids of their own. It's a scary world we live in where people can just go ahead and grow up.
Unfortunately I forgot my camera at home, and the one in my phone doesn't do very well taking pictures...but at least I was able to catch our dinner pickup on the way home... Here in Sweden, we go with one pizza per person, hence the four pizzas for the four of us.
Kathryn went for a kebab pizza, mom had ham, pineapple, banana and curry, dad had ham, shrimp and salami, and I had chicken, pineapple and curry.
Not your classic toppings, but it sure was tasty!
Please observe my dad's "gangsta" remote grip. Someone should tell him you have less accuracy holding it like that...

I'm compensating for yesterday's long blog by making this a short one. We had very poor participation in the quiz yesterday, so y'all need to step it up a bit.
LaMontica took home first place which with her bonus point brings her up to 6.
Bronte got second, with 4 points.
For today's quiz, what is the theme of the Convention in Swedish? Same point distribution as yesterday, 5, 3 &1.
Also, the first one to give me the theme in Solomon's Islands Pidgin, you will get a bonus point.


5 comments:

  1. SI Pidgin - Gohed For Faithful Long Jehovah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweedesh - Var Lojal Mot Jehova!

    ReplyDelete

  3. ”Var lojal mot Jehova!” I would like one bonus point for not capitalizing the "l" and "m" 😂 I assume that's very important. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late but I waited in. Var lojal mot Jehova! And Gohed Faithful Long Jehovah in Pidgin:)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late but I waited in. Var lojal mot Jehova! And Gohed Faithful Long Jehovah in Pidgin:)!

    ReplyDelete